Sunday, January 18, 2015

Blog Post #1

When previous students who’ve completed EDM310 hear that I’m currently taking the class this semester along with six other courses, they tend to give me a look of pity or concern. This alone, makes me realize that EDM310 is no joke, and I will have to work hard for that golden A+. I’ve heard a few things about this course, the first and most alarming is, “the professor will avoid helping you if you don’t own a Mac computer” Hearing this, definitely has frightened me, especially because as much as I would love to own a Mac, it’s just not at the top of  my budgeted priorities. So I will pull through and successfully with my PC. Second, I’ve heard that if you fall behind in this course, it’s nearly impossible to catch back up and come out victoriously. And last, I haven’t heard, but I see that a good portion of my peers in this class are taking it again due to failure of the course a previous semester, scary. Naturally, I fear that I will fall behind in this class or miss deadlines because I know that I am the queen of procrastination. Compared to my other courses I’ve taken in colleges I feel like EDM310 will require me to become a more attentive and precise student. I believe the most difficult thing for me in this class will be putting in those nine hours a semester to achieve a grade that I am satisfied with. I feel that the best way to avoid a dis-satisfactory grade will be to get straight to work on assignments right away after they are given and most definitely putting in the extra effort to attend the labs and taking advantage of the experts in there. At the moment, I don’t have any unanswered questions about EDM310, but I will most certainly shoot my professor an email, if I find myself confused or stranded. 



And of course if his class starts to beat me up, I'll just sit back, relax and jam out to some lovely INGRID MICHAELSON <3


1 comment:

  1. Hi Justine,
    I am also worried about this class because I do not own a Mac laptop. Procrastinating is also something I do very often which is not a good idea in this class. I believe that if I use the help that will be provided by the graduate students in lab, that I will succeed in this class. I also believe that if I manage my time better I will avoid doing assignments at the last minute. I agree with you that we should just begin assignments as soon as they are given to avoid falling behind. If we do all of these things we will definitely succeed in EDM 310.

    ReplyDelete